This website requires cookies to provide all of its features. By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies - Learn more - Hide this message

Family History

The greatest resource of TSM is its history

The family business goes as far back as 1882, in an artisan workshop close to Francenigo (province of Treviso, Italy) where the first agricultural implements were made.

A river ensured the necessary energy to the functioning of the forge and the hammer, indispensable for the manufacture of iron, still existing and working equipment in the old factory, nowadays museum.



At the end of the Second World War, it begins the production itself under the Moro brand, under the direction of the three brothers Ugo, Enrico and Domenico Moro.

The traditional agriculture implements afterwards became trailers, agricultural plows, manure spreaders and tanker trailers. In 1955, also the production of vacuum pumps begins.

In the ‘60 in coincidence with the urban development and the agricultural crisis, the company lays the foundations for the production of tankers and sewer equipment, industrialized in the new premises in Fiume Veneto.



In the following years, with the evolution of the product and the creation of new divisions, the company, which has become Moro Group, starts the design and manufacture of equipment for urban cleaning, and waste collecting vehicles, consolidating the position as Europe's leading manufacturer of industrial cleaning machines.

With the subsequent establishment of TSM (acronym for Technological Systems by Moro) our family, now in its fifth generation, is pursuing with passion a tradition that has lasted for over a century, producing electric vehicles for the municipal cleaning and industrial cleaning machines. The product portfolio therefore consists of two complete and distinct lines of indoor and outdoor machines, for industrial and commercial cleaning and urban hygiene. The indoor line includes floor auto-scrubbers, sweepers, vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaners, steam generators and single disk machines; while within the urban cleaning vehicles there are eco-friendly and with zero CO2 emissions machines, such as the urban waste vacuum cleaner and compact road sweepers.

The first Moro artisan workshop, now Museum “Tonet”

The workshop located in Francenigo is the place where at the beginning of the twentieth century the first artisanal activity of the Municipality of Gaiarine was born. The workshop Moro (or "Tonet" as our family was locally called)), consists of the old house and the original family workshop, which was subsequently donated to the Municipality of Gaiarine. The complex is located in a central area of the village near a small spring water course that can guarantee a constant flow of water throughout the year. The construction, together with the entire hydraulic system that operated the blades started in 1902 and completed about seven years later. It was the workshop of the blacksmiths to whom the farmers of Francenigo turned to build or repair work tools (plowshares, forks, spades, hoes). In addition to being a source of work, the workshop was also a school that gave the opportunity to young people to learn the smith art. Over time it became the Francenigo identifying building, and the Moro-Tonet workshop was the bridge between the agricultural and the industrial world.


Inside the workshop, which has now become a museum for students for reliving the smith art of the past, it is still possible to re-ignite the ancient forge and restart the water blades that move the old wooden knives. Externally the building has a relatively modern appearance, but once the visitor enters is catapulted into another era, where can be appreciated the tools of the period and how the work was organized in different areas. What the visitor can still grasp is the image of a lively productive activity, brought to light also by the deafening noise of the hammer in action and the clubs on the anvils.The Moro "Tonet" workshop was built specifically for the joint processing of iron and wood with the use of water power for the beating of the most tiring objects, creating a small water wheel and a system of belts and pulleys capable of operating a sort of fan on the forge.The family's own production of the time consisted of plowshares, harrows, forks, biders, spades, hoes, picks, scythe, axes and other and other carpentry tools such as rasps, chisels, subbie, scratches useful to the farmers.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay connected with all our news

SUBSCRIBE